Sunday, March 11, 2012

Gen:1,Chapter:1-Cooking Up A Beginning

When I arrived at my new home in Starlight Shores, I have to admit I was surprised...

I remember the Real Estate agent saying the place was "Cozy" and "Quaint", and the way she talked, it was perfect for me...

Standing in front of it though, only one word came to mind: "Tiny."


I suppose I couldn't really complain much. I'd already paid for it, for one, and two...Starlight Shores wasn't a cheap place to live, and this was what I could afford. Looking at the positives, I noted that I had plenty of yard space to expand in the future, it had a nice view of the ocean...and it even had a cute little space for a garden if I ever wanted one...


Though of the things people normally wanted to do when they arrived at a new home, my preference was a bit different...
I wanted to cook a meal in my new kitchen!

I had always been a bit of a natural with cooking, and it was the one thing that was a guaranteed happiness in my life. I just knew one day, that if I worked hard and stayed focused I could be a famous chef!

Although...humble beginnings...I can't go getting ahead of myself. I only knew but a few recipes...and well...I couldn't exactly afford exotic ingredients to make anything complicated. So for now, I was the unemployed bachelor eating Autumn Salad, sitting on the side of his bath tub, wishing he had more furniture...

Once my meal was done though, I washed up my plate and called a cab. I was going to visit Flying V's Coffeehouse, which, despite its name, wasn't just a coffeehouse. It was also a well known restaurant that hosted both upcoming and well known performers. It was sure to have plenty of people to serve daily, and thus, was bound to need help!

It was prettier than I had expected when I arrived, and already looked pretty busy!

After waiting several moments inside to talk to the head chef about a job, he agreed to hire me one one conditions...

I started NOW!

A lunch rush was expected to be coming to watch a locally famous acrobat perform, and they needed every pair of hands they could get!

I had never been more nervous, or more excited!

It was exhausting! The orders never seemed to end, and we were all in a complete frenzy! Tonight's special had been Goopy Carbonara, and the veggies needed to be cooked slowly in the cheese for the right flavor to come out...and slow cooking was not something these people were tolerating well.

The shouting flustered by boss, Mimi, so much she tripped over our baker and nearly lost a full pot of finished carbonara! But thankfully, I was right next to her, covering the Spice Runner who was on his break, and caught it before it was lost!

She was so thankful that she told me I could come back tomorrow...as new head Spice Runner!
I even got to keep all the tips from the cook tip jar for saving the day!

After work, most of the performance area in the back was cleared out, but there were a few stragglers, and a magician was performing for tips! Trying to go where there was already a crowd I assume.
Needless to say, he put on a pretty awesome show! I was impressed!What was more surprising than his performance, was that once he was finished, he came and chatted with me!

His name was Steve Cupp, and he was trying out new tricks before a performance at a lounge, and was looking for feedback!

"I thought it was pretty impressive...but maybe add some cool pyrotechnics when you levitate next time...and maybe for the next fireball...don't set your whole arm on fire. Oh! And it would be cooler if you used doves...not rubber duckies...just sayin'. "


He seemed to take the feedback well, and was about to start chatting again when we were both surprised by some strange man telling ghost stories!I knew this was a town for rising start and performers..but THIS I did not expect.

We chuckled a bit at first...but then we found ourselves actually drawn into his story!


"They scrubbed and scrubbed...but no matter how many sims tried...they couldn't get the stains off the walls....some say you could still hear the woman's footsteps down the hall while you were there..."


I thought it was a pretty neat story, but it seemed to get to Steve a little bit..

Once the story was done, I had to take my leave. I made my way home and was out as soon as my head hit the pillow. Today was my beginning. Perhaps it wasn't some epic tale...but it was good, and it was mine..


I could only dream of the things to come...


Kat's Notes:
I know, perhaps not the most exciting beginning in the world...but what beginning is really?
I'm pleased that he has quickly rolled the wish to befriend someone...so we'll work on that. Perhaps Steve the magician, or perhaps one of the ladies he works with. *Waggles eyebrows* Only time will tell! As always, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment