Sunday, March 11, 2012

Gen 1, Chapter 2: Recipes for Love

Work had been going really well, and I was starting to befriend most of my Co-Workers.

I had even recently gotten promoted to Vegetable Slicer...a position I stayed in a mere two days before being promoted again!

I was feeling on top of the world, and looked forward to going to work each day. With the bigger paychecks and bonuses I had gotten, I was even able to order some renovations done on my house.

I happened to know that my boss, Mimi, was giving a cooking class at the restaurant. Seeing a chance to learn something new, and get in a few points with my boss, I got up early and headed off to the cooking class!


Once I got there, I noticed that not many people had shown up, and those that were there seemed to be leaving...

That's when I noticed Mimi. She looked completely ill and miserable, and was holding her neck uncomfortably.
I debated a moment or two, before stepping inside. She wasn't just my boss, she was also my friend, and it was only right that I check in on her...

She looked pale, and definitely had a fever. I tried to insist she went to the doctor, but she was adamant that it was just a bug bite she'd gotten, and that she was just having a mild allergic reaction. I wasn't so sure, but I could by no means force her.

"If you really want to help me out, try making friends with our new girl, Sharon. She hasn't met anyone yet, and I don't want her to feel alienated here at the office..."

Naturally I agreed. It was not too long ago I was new here, and everyone did their best to make me feel welcome. I saw no reason not to pay the kindness forward. I changed into my work uniform in the men's room and went to work my shift. During break that evening, I invited her over to hang out.

"You want to hang out with me?Well sure!Lucky day for me!"


I boggled a bit over what she might have meant by that, but alas, I didn't have time to think it over. I was focused on work!

I did have more time to focus though, later that evening when she came to my house.

"So this is my humble abode...make yourself at home! You're the first guest I have had over since I moved here...until I built on recently I was a little embarrassed to have anyone over because the place was so tiny."


"Looks awesome!Do I get the grand tour?"


"Naturally! Right this way madame..."


I showed her around my humble little abode, and she seemed happy enough with the visit so far. I'll admit my place was still pretty small, but it wasn't quite a shack anymore at least.


Things took an unexpected twist though while we were inside...




"You have such awesome views out all your windows here!I am so jealous! You can't see the stars like this further into the city....say...do you wanna go watch the stars with me, Gabe?"


I was stunned as she bat those eyes at me and stood in close. I could feel my cheeks color some, but I nodded and smiled. My young life had been so hectic that I had never really had a girlfriend before, or even my first kiss...so my flirting experience was...well....I'll do myself a favor and say "Limited" rather than "Non Existant".

"Oh...uh...sure. We could probably sit out in the garden area and get a pretty decent view if you like.."


We stepped outside to the garden and sat down, looking up at the sky in silence for a while before she mentioned how pretty the stars were. I was busy noticing how pretty SHE was.
I had never really noticed before while we were at work in those...well, lets face it...unflattering..uniforms.
Eventually she noticed my staring and smiled at me questioningly...
Nervously, I decided to make a bold move...

She didn't seem to mind...
Trying to play it cool, I started trying to point out different constellations I knew.

"Hey, look, that's Orion's Belt isn't it...?"


Her fingers laced with mine comfortably, and I felt my cheeks color again...

I had never pictured my first romance to be so unexpected.

She leaned in close and whispered to me...

We sat out there for what felt like mere moments, talking about stars, life, and cooking...

After a while she leaned in and whispered...


"I really have to get going...but I hope you'll invite me back soon. I'd like to do this with you again..."


I'm not sure why she needed to whisper it, other than perhaps an excuse for closeness, but I couldn't complain.

As I sat there blushing and grinning stupidly, she had gotten up and left without my notice...man did I feel dumb when I realized!

But I only had to worry about it a little while...once she got home she called just to say goodnight, and that she'd see me tomorrow...


I fell asleep that night with a smile on my face, and when I woke up in the morning, I don't think I had ever been happier to be going to work...

To be Continued...


Kat's Notes:
Hope you enjoyed the chapter! I totally did not expect him to get all the romantic moodlets he did towards Sharon! And after their star watching she seriously just got up abruptly and ran off the lot. X.x
Anywho, made it work anyways....wonder if they will be more than just a flirty get together?


For those curious, here's how Gabe's house looks now that he built on a little...
Til nect time! <3

2 comments:

  1. Ooh Sharon's kinda pretty (: I love this so far

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'aww!Fanks! So far he's not had any relationship-ish wishes towards her though. Kinda frustrating. I'm giving him a lil more time to decide himself, or I may nudge him with my 1 free interaction choice per conversation rule thing to ask her to go steady...lol.We'll see how it goes.

      Delete