Monday, March 12, 2012

Gen 1, Chapter 6: Magical Gravy Boat

Over time I had gotten over my bitterness, and the loneliness kicked in...


I was doing great at work...just a single promotion away from being at the top of my career, and Mimi had given me the inkling that the job would definitely be mine soon enough, as she was planning to retire to spend time with her new fiance.


Although it wouldn't be fair to have tried dating Mimi, as she might have felt like a "backup plan" I was a little bummed that pretty much everyone I had any real chance of happiness with had dropped out on me.


It was on one of my worst days of feeling sorry for myself, that I got an odd package in the mail, with a letter...

Gabe,
It would seem you have been having a little trouble, and at the very least, have been down in spirits. I saw this antique gravy boat online, and thought of you. Perhaps it will cheer you up at least some?Who knows. Maybe its more special than the seller knew?
Just remember to always wish big, and not to give up your dreams. Most importantly: Dream big!You only get one life!
                                         -Kat


I was completely confused to say the least!Who the heck was "Kat" and how did they know so much of my business?
After some time, curiosity got the better of me and I got the gift out of the box and had a look...




Antique was an understatement. This thing looked a zillion years old, an was all dusty and covered in rust. Someone actually paid money for this AND shipping and handling to send it to me? I couldn't believe it!


It was when I tried rubbing a bit of the dust off with my arm that things got REALLY weird...


Suddenly a poof of pink smoke shot out of the gravy boat and moved to the center of the room and began moving around! I had to be losing my mind!


"By what name shall I call my new Master?" A disembodied female voice said from the cloud.


"Uh......Gabe?"


As I responded the cloud moved into my kitchen and materialized into a most bizzarly dressed blue woman!


I just stared in disbelief and amazement. First vampires..then..well...no. I was not about to say there was a GENIE in my living room.She stood there with her arms crossed for a moment, an annoyed look on her face before speaking:


"Greetings Master Gabe...what is your wish of me?"


I could barely find words...and when I did..they weren't the most well chosen...


"Wh-What the hell?!"


She didn't seem too entirely surprised by my response. She simply responded boredly:


"I am your genie...you may ask of me 3 wishes."


I couldn't believe it!I was as crazy as my mother!


I just stared at her absently a moment then realizing I was being completely impolite, I spoke to her again.


"Ok...well...Do you have a name?


She actually seemed a bit surprised to be asked this...I could only guess that most just called her "Genie" and started blurting out random wishes immediately.


"I am Mendyriosa Calabima Dissonira Valtishki Rinoldia Markozi Delianli.."


That seemed like it could go on for quite some time as she kept droning on names, so finally I interrupted after several minutes of names...


"How about "Mendy", a shortened version of the first name you mentioned?"


I asked politely as I could, having interrupted her. She didn't seem overly annoyed, and nodded her head in consent to this, again asking my wish. I knew my first easily.


"I wish I had enough money that if I ever have a family, they will be secure for a while..."


"As you wish..." 


Then the most terrible thing happened!She floated up into the air in that pink smoke, and from her eyes, and mouth shot magical energy. She screamed in such pain I shall never forget the sound!It was as if my very wish was tearing her apart.




Once it was over she vanished back into the gravy bo-- I mean lamp, with a poof.

Just as I reached towards it in concern, my phone rang...

"Mr. Lively, this is Lynda Strange at the Starlight Capitol Bank, and I am just calling to let you know that the money transfer from your Shang Simla bank account is complete, and we just need you to come sign a few paper to tie things up."


It just felt so unreal. I hid Mendy's lamp under a loose floorboard in my floor, then got dressed and went to the bank straight away. I Just had to see it to believe it.

And boy did I see it! When I got there, all the paperwork was legitimate, and she had somehow poofed into existance a foreign bank account worth ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND simoleans in my name!

I signed what was needed, got copies of all the paperwork for my own records and headed out. I had to thank her...she went through such pain for my greed! I'd get her a gift on my way home...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I summoned her out again, she looked completely exhausted. I couldn't help but feel so guilty.
I immediately began to apologize...


"Wow...I am so sorry, had I known it would be so hard on you to grant wishes I'd have never asked anything of you! I hope you can forgive me? I just want you to know I won't wish another thing of you,a nd if you want to be let alone, I won't bother you again, and if you want to come out anytime, you are welcome, even if it is just to a dust mess of a bachelor pad..."




She seemed truely touched, and completely surprised by the apology!As if she'd never received one before!
Though her response, which I assumed to be acceptance, was the simple gesture of  clapping her hands together...and with that..all the mess in my house utterly vanished. It was spic and span as if a high paid cleaning crew had just gone through...

I couldn't help but be amused with her.

Over the next few days we became great friends, and she always seemed to get excited about the smallest things...
Like sleeping in a "real" bed..

Human things delighted her, because she hadn't the opportunity to do much, being stuck in a lamp.

I did my very best to show her every kindness..
Perhaps it didn't make up for the thousands of years she was enslaved...but it was something..




And...perhaps dangerously to my own heart...I began to fall for her...

And perhaps even more dangerously...the feeling was mutual...

But how could we ever make it work? A mere man, approaching the late years of his life, and this ageless creature, enslaved by magic?

Kat's Notes:
No, I wasn't  -COMPLETELY-  cheaty in his falling for the genie...he has the wish to "Fall in Love." but it wasn't specific. I ran with it. Gimme a break. He's running out of time!Lol! Besides. Shes cute, and a sweety, and they were compatible both in their star signs and personality traits! 
Lifetime Happiness Points well spent. *nods*

4 comments:

  1. Eeeee! That's awesome. I love the twist. And GRAVY BOAT!!! ROFL I loved that. Too awesome. Too bad he didn't wish for youth before he released her . . . although I guess that's kind've cheating . . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that and via story the wishes caused her pain...so there was no way he'd wish again for something selfish.

      Delete
  2. Oooh, a genie! That's awesome that he found love! Blue babies soon. XD

    ReplyDelete