Monday, March 12, 2012

Gen 1, Chapter 9:Stir Fried Surprises

I had become a bit of a local celebrity, thanks to my job. So many celebrities performed and hung out there, it was hard not to end up at least a bit well known when you worked there every day...let alone if you hung out with them after shows for coffee like I often did...

And such things come with consequences. I had been falsely accused of drunkenly vandalizing the mayor's house...in all actuality, it was the doing of a local party girl who needed someone to blame...
Why she pulled my name up is beyond me..but either way, people believed it, and were not responding well to me.

Mendy was NOT happy.



"Just let me banish the little tart to the pain dimension...it'd be simple..."

Tart. Ha! She really was taking her cover as a berry seriously...

"No."
"Fine, I'll go rip her hair out like a normal angry wife."
"Not better..."
"Can I..."
"-No...just no, love."
'Well fine. Then lets at least go on a little mini vacation or something so I don't have to sit here and worry every day that people are treating you bad over things you didn't do!"


She stopped hovering just so she could stamp her foot at that one...I tried not to chuckle...
But she did have a good idea there...we hadn't gone on a honeymoon, and thanks to her I had quite a bit extra just sitting in the bank.

Before I knew it we were in a plane, flying over Shang Simla, preparing to land..
The view was beautiful...

After collecting our luggage, which thanks to my wife's magic was guaranteed not to get stolen or lost, we headed to the bed and breakfast we had reserved a room in...
We were stunned by how pretty it was...

We mostly took it easy there the first night, and we spent some time reading over tourist guides to get an idea of all the "Must See" locations. We were only here a few days after all...

Mendy kept me up the entire night...no..not like THAT...well..that too, but mostly she just couldn't stop talking about all the places she wanted to see. It was easy to forget we were here hiding from bad publicity back home..

"Tomorrow we could go to that restaurant...Oh, and I want walk the historical nature trails...and we could catch that martial arts class to!Oh and also...." 
*Continues rambling on and on excitedly*


I did my best to see to it that she went to as many of the places she wanted. We didn't get the early start I expected, because Mendy let me sleep in, as I never get to with my job...but for lunch we went to a highly recommended restaurant. I wasn't hungry, but she was delighted with the Stir Fry...I'd have to learn to make that sometime...

After that we hit the martial arts class...
I have to say...I wasn't half bad for a beginner...

I'm not sure Martial Arts were for Mendy though...she just seemed awkward with it...

We had no trouble at all sleeping that night!


Our final days were spent enjoying separate activities, but neither of us minded. We had each meal together to chat about our experiences...

I enjoyed a nice bike ride alone the countryside...

Mendy got together with a bird watching group that were looking over the migration of some exotic birds. They had to watch them through telescopes from a distance as not to disturb their breeding...

While I was taking a museum tour, I sent her a romantic Sing-o-Gram, which she said she enjoyed quite a bit..

Before we knew it it was time to head home! I was thankful for the trip, not just as an escape and a bonding experience, but it gave me a chance to get Mendy out of the house long enough to set up a surprise for her...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I put all that money she got us to good use, and used it for just what I had said I would. To make sure my family would be well taken care of and comfortable in the future... I had some massive renovations done to our house,and bought us each new cars in our favorite colors!


Outside:


Inside:



There's even more upstairs that is wallpapered and carpeted, but not yet decorated. I spent all the money she got up but a handful on our vacation and our home...i could only hope she'd be happy with it when we arrived...

Kat's Notes:
Silly Genie wanted to travel abroad, turned out to be pretty good for the story!
I am SO proud of how the house turned out! I may be putting it up for download soonishly! :D

2 comments:

  1. Wooooooow. You did a really good job on the house. I like the openness of it (all the windows and such) and the decorating in the kitchen especially is VERY nice. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am super proud of it!It's come a long way from the little one room shack it once was!

      Delete