Sunday, March 11, 2012

Gen 1, Chapter 3: Vampire A La Carte

My life had been going well, I was now a Line Cook, and I got along great with everyone at work. Problem was, we weren't seeing a lot of Mimi...

I could only fear the worst...she must have been really ill!

So naturally, I called...

Others had called too, but she seldom answered the phone.

For me, however she answered the phone, and surprisingly, asked if she could visit!

I was a bit anxious about having my boss at my house...but we were friends too and I would just have to focus on that.

Things got really weird once she arrived though...

"I know you probably won't believe me Gabe, but I have to tell someone I can trust...because I need help. I....I'm a vampire... I got turned at a lounge that asked me to cater...there was a guy there...I can't even remember his face or name for some reason...we were talking and he bit me...I though he was just weird but..."


She trailed off, looking at me pleadingly. A look oh so familiar...causing a pain in my heart at the memories of my mother.

I didn't believe her at first. How could I? I never had believed in such things...

That was...until she showed me her fangs...the way her eyes reflected light in that odd, almost feral way.

I had to trust her. I had to believe her, even if I was making a mistake. For my mother's sake.

"I believe you...how can I help?"
I had never seen someone so relieved. She even laughed a little to herself...

"I knew I could count on you...well. Now that I am changed I have met others...and well...we are about to be announced publicly as ACTUALLY existing, so that we can attempt to co-exist peacefully with humans...humans...so weird to say that...we have all even consented to have these odd brand tattoos on our necks so we can be identified...but..there are those who would just rather see us destroyed. There's been a group of them harassing me and I needed a place to hide for a bit..."


I couldn't believe what I was hearing...or more...I couldn't believe I BELIEVED what I was hearing...

Naturally I consented for her to stay and hide out for a while, telling her to simply make herself at home as long as she needed.

She seemed relieved and quickly settled on the couch, taking some sort of odd juice box from her backpack and sipping it quietly. I gave her some time to herself..

After a bit, she admitted how tired she was, that she really wasn't all that energetic during daylight hours, so I suggested she take a nap in my room. I would be awake reading, so she could feel safe that no one would bother her...
She was happy for the invitation...and was quickly asleep...
Once she woke up though...THAT is when things really felt upside-down.

She quietly walked out of my room, looking thoughtful and determined. I watched with quiet curiosity as she went over to her back, then walked towards me, arms behind her back...
I'll be honest...I was frightened a bit at first...she IS a vampire after all...
Then the mystery was revealed.
Flowers.


I was almost more stunned by this than I was by being told she was an immortal creature of the night...
I sniffed them and offered a curious smile...

"I've been fighting with myself for a while on rather or not to tell you how I felt about you...I mean...I'm your boss, and by workplace standards..its completely inappropriate for me to do this. I also know Sharon seems to like you, and shes my friend but...lets be real...all's fair in love and war. I really like you Gabe..and I have for a while. Tonight just proved to me that I wasn't mistaken in feeling so strongly about you. You were here for me when I know no one else would be. I'm not expecting anything, expect for you to maybe agree to not just think of my as your boss anymore."


I was speechless for several moments. My love life had gone from non existant, to sparking a little, to completely teen trash novel complicated. Vampires and all!
Still, she had just poured her heart out to me. I couldn't just stand there slack jawed...
So I took both her hands in mine, speaking to her honestly as  I could..

"I had no idea you felt that way...and I can agree to promise not to simply think of you as the "boss lady" anymore. That being said...I can't guarantee more. I don't know you all that well, but, am willing to get to know you. lets start as friends, and work from there. Is that fair?"






"Yeah, that's fair..." she said with a smile.

After that, oddly...we spent our night out in the yard...

Playing catch...


"C'mon...you throw like a girl!"


"I AM a girl, you nerd!"




It wasn't until the wee hours of the morning that she finally headed home, and i went to bed...

I was now more confused about love and life than ever...and just when I thought I was starting to get things figured out...

I had absolutely no idea what would come next...

Kat's Notes:
So yeah...even *I* did not see the whole thing with his boss coming...
I knew she was a vampire because of her thumbnail in his relationships tab of coarse, but in all actuality in game...she just randomly showed up at his house and started flirting with him. And funny enough, he didn't get a single romantic wish towards her at all the whole time, and she was being pretty determined about it! Haha! Guess we shall see....though one thing's for sure...he's thinking of his mom in a whole new light now...

No comments:

Post a Comment