Monday, March 12, 2012

Gen 1,Chapter 7: A Slice of Freedom

Everything was going swimmingly at the Lively house...

Mendy had been staying out of her lamp most of the time, and enjoying the simple things at the house. She was so easy to please, and it made me feel complete having her to take care of and love.

It was during one of our morning cooking sessions that I slipped up, and used the "W" word...

"..I just wish you could be free."


My eyes went wide as soon as I said it, and before I could even begin to apologize she wrenched over in pain.
That awful scream again...

I didn't know what would happen to her. What would her magic bindings interpret as "Free"?
Would it just kill her?

I couldn't bear the thought...but all I could do was watch on helplessly until some booming voice seemed to come out of no where as she howled in agony..

"To break the shackles of magical device, the lamp must endure trails of fire and ice...
And when their trial does prove true, into death and darkness. Just the lamp and you.
But life's responsibility you must bear...for no longer a genie...it will be a mortal you must take care..."


It was with that, Mendy was sucked back into her lamp. No matter how much I rubbed, she couldn't come back...

Unless I figured it out...she would be trapped..possibly forever....

I wondered if there were specific places for these trials...or if it was just left to creativity?

All I could do was come up with what I could and try...

First thinking of fire and ice, I placed the lamp in the freezer, watching anxiously for hours to see if anything would happen...

After countless hours the lamp began to glow an eerie blue color...
I hoped that was a good thing...I then put the lamp in the oven for fire, turning it up the the highest setting, all I could do was sit and watch...

After a long time, the oven almost seemed to be heated up the air in my house more than the lamp...but then it began to glow a vivid gold color...

I quickly grabbed several pot holders, layering then, expecting the lamp to be super hot, but instead it was simply room temperature...

Fearing there may be some sort of time limit, I immediately got dressed and ran out the door...
I was tired and hungry, but I couldn't stop now!
I only knew of one place that made me think of death and darkness...the graveyard!
But it was still the middle of the day...there would be death, but no darkness!
What would I do?
But as I got there, with much reluctance...I knew...
The mausoleum...

It took everything I had to swallow my fears and step inside. I was not naturally an adventuous person...so I'll admit it. I was terrified...but this would mean Mendy's freedom!

I won't convey to you the horrors I saw while I was down there...but I am sure to be having nightmares for quite some time...

I was down there in the darkness for days, the only light I had was the golden glow of that lamp...

When I finally got to the deepest point I could find...a room full of scattered bones...The lamp began swirling all three colors and exploded light outward. My hair was electrified, my clothes charred off. I was fairly burned up and brused, and the concussive blast near knocked me out!
I suddenly found myself outside the mausoleum again, my only surviving clothing was my underpants...
And it was then that familiar puff of pink smoke came from the lamp...

"It is done..."
The booming voice announced.
It was then that Mendy materialized, floating into the air once more...I was afraid she was about to cry out in pain again, but then, instead, glowing blue shackles formed around her wrists, then shattered and fell to her feet!

My love was finally free!After centuries of being enslaved, she finally had her freedom!

Aside from my needing a doctor and some pants, one thing was for sure...

Things just got a whole lot more interesting around here...

Kat's Notes:
Yay!He did it!Now Mendy is a part of his household, and things can progress from here! Though he doesn't have tons of time left before he's an elder, I know things are gonna get better from here.
*hintnudgehintwink* 

2 comments:

  1. I love her and him ahaha the whole genie episode is just hilarious to me though it probably shouldn't be :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it helps, I find it kinda funny that of all his options available he fell for a genie.

      Delete